Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2016

FLOWERS AND SPARKLES



Welcome once again to a new challenge from "Crafting When We Can".  Our challenge is to add flowers.  How easy is that!  Our sponsor for this challenge is 



The image I was given to work with is The Venetian Girl.  Isn't she adorable!  I love the little kitty in her lap.  My sister gave her hubby a cat for Christmas and I tried to mirror her somewhat.  She is Calico.

Since she looks dressed for Mardi Gras I thought I would use the colors purple, yellow and green.  When I added the flowers to the tulle I kept having to add glue to it...it kept coming off the back through the tulle.  So I grabbed my heat gun and got a little close.  I loved the distress look it gave them so I decided to distress the card.  (Not a big leap since I'm kind of into that right now but who knew the gun would distress the flowers.  Not me.)

Please pop over to the CWWC blog and check out all the inspiration the DT have for you.  Hope to see you in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting and have a peachy keen day!

Products used

Coloring mediums - Copic markers, Glastique, Stickles
Papers - Generic and scraps stash
Embossing folder and gems - Darice
Distress Inks - Tim Holtz
Tulle leftover from my nieces wedding
Flowers and doily from a candy win

Challenges entered


7 comments:

brenda said...

What a stunning card Robin, I love your choice of bold colours and little hints of glitter.

Hope you are OK and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

B x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Robin!! The image is so beautiful!! You colored it perfectly!! I love the flowers and the colors!! What a gorgeous card this is my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

DIANA L. said...

This is wonderful Robin, I love the image and your coloring is fab and the texture is a perfect addition. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Sternenglanz said...

wonderful card

thank you for joining us at Hanna and Friends

x Sternenglanz

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Robin! I love the pretty floral arrangement and the sparkles look lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Amy Cohen said...

So very colorful and bold- wonderful work. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals corner.
Amy-DT

Anita Lise said...

What a lovely card with great colors! Thank you for participating in the challenge with NSHK Coloring. DT Anita Lise