Followers

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

SCRAPBOOK MEGA MEET

This past weekend my wonderful sister Rebecca and I went to the Scrapbook Mega Meet in Novi, MI.  Our cousin Candy from Candy Scraps lives there.  There was so much to see last year and we missed so much that we decided to go two days instead of one this year.

A big highlight of mine is always getting to see Tim Holtz demonstrate.  This year we watched him doing powders and paste.  I am new to mixed media and I'm enjoying it so much.  Here are some pics of the demo:



Tim made this and I asked if I could have it and he let me have it and even signed the back.
 
 
This is what I got from Tim.


We met a new artist that I had seen on line that I just loved.  His name is Ken Oliver.  He has a product called Color Burst.  It is powder that reacts to water much like the Bister line I have been using.  Only Ken's powders are bright and vibrant.  He was real fun to watch and I got some of his stuff too.  Here are some pics.



Here is the tag I got from Ken along with the paper and powders I bought.  He also let me have the paper you see him with after it was finished.  I would love to display it but I had to pinky swear not to as it contained some new powders that are still in trial form and cannot be displayed yet.

 
I'm so excited to get to use these.  There were so many wonderful people there and we met so many of the companies that I enter challenges in.

Two more wonderful companies are Sweet Stamps and Craft Fantastic.  I got these fabulous items from Sweet Stamps.


 The owner made that dragonfly and let me keep it.  I'm all about the dragonflies and butterflies.  I just love them.

Craft Fantastic makes jewelry and charms.  I made the two necklaces you are about to see and the next pic is the bounty I acquired there.



 I see some Christmas gifts in the making here.

Now the rest of the score I bought.

 This is from Our Daily Bread


Rebecca and I took a class from Heartfelt.  These are the cards we made and the stamp I got from them.
 

This was a door prize that I won.  I thought I would use it for my daughter's upcoming graduation from high school.
 

Here are new brads.  Of course they are butterflies and dragonflies.


 We had so much fun.  This has been the best Mother's Day I think I ever had.  Thank you Beck.  You are the best sister ever.
 

3 comments:

Candy Spiegel said...

It was so much fun! Thank you for sharing the time with me!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it sounds like an amazing time!! All of the goodies you got look so fabulous!! But I would be over-the-moon excited about having a Tim Holtz original tag!! Wow!! Signed even!! I'm not all that far away so I may have to try to attend this next year - it sounds like so much fun!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jennifer Scull said...

sounds as if you had a wonderful time! learned a lot and found some great toys to play with! :) thanks for sharing with us!