Followers

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A ROOSTER FOR CANDY

 

Here's the card I made for my cousin Candy.  She just loves her chickens so I got this image for her thank you card.  My sister and I went to the Scrapbook Mega Meet over Mother's Day weekend with her.  We had such an amazing time.  I hope she likes it.

As I'm looking at this I see that I was a little crooked on the sentiment but I will have to say it will just add to the character since I can't take it off.  I really need to wear my glasses from beginning to end when doing a card.  Also I normally don't make my pics this large but I wanted to make sure you can all see the googly eyes.  When Candy and I were helping my sister to organize her craft room, Candy found so many googly eyes that she will have enough to last 3-4 lifetimes.  This image cried out for these eyes so I swiped some from her.  I love how they look and Candy will get a kick out of it.


Card recipe:

Image - Oak Pond
Coloring medium - Copics & Prismacolor markers and Glossy Accents
Dies - Elizabeth Craft, Sizzix, Hot Off The Press
Papers - Bazzill & generic
Bakers twine - Hemptique
Googly eyes - Darice
Embossing folder - Darice
 
 Challenges entered:

Love to Scrap #54 - Anything goes
Simon Says Monday - Thank you
Papertake Weekly - Take your pick (blue)
 Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #185 - Always anything goes
Fairy Tale #118 - Feathers and wings
Sweet Stampin' - Birds and/or bees
Crafty Calender May - Things with wings
V's Sweet Ideas #34 - Embossing
Mema's Crafts May - Anything goes
 

17 comments:

Candy Spiegel said...

I so love this card!! The chicken wire embossing folder, the feathers, the stacked sentiment, the color (blue, not green, lol) and, of course, those eyes! I love, love, love it!!

brenda said...

He's a great looking cockerel or rooster I think in your parts Robin and the embossing folder is perfect for the image.

B x

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! That image is too cute...love the eyes!! The chicken wire background is perfect!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Hehe, that is such a cool card! I too made a card with this image recently. Love your colouring. Very cool. Love your fab card design. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with the Sweet Stampin' challenge this week. We loved seeing what you did with our 'Birds & Bees' theme. Gorgeous feathers! Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO incredibly adorable, Robin. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your sweet card in our challenge this week, and please join us again soon. I love seeing your sweet cards. have a blessed week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Natalie said...

Love the story about the googly eyes! Fun card, I'm sure your cousin loved it!

Paddington fan said...

What a lovely image and so beautifully coloured! Love the die cut feathers and the googly eyes too!! Thank you for joining our birds and bees challenge over at Sweet Stampin' this week, good luck and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Planetsusie said...

I really did laugh when I saw the eyes of your chook and realised they were googly eyes! Such a great card and I bet Candy loved it. love the addition of the die cut feathers too. Your colouring is wonderful. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Things with Wings) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Mema's Crafts said...

This made me laugh. We appreciate you stopping by and playing with us at Mema's Crafts. Come back soon and good luck!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Robin :-) I am sure your cousin really loves this, very thoughtful and super cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Love those tail feathers! Cute card!

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Such a bright and cheerful thank you card!
Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Suzanne C said...

Cute rooster! Loved the blog post title and had to look to see what candy needed a rooster. :) She is going to love her vibrant rooster you created! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

frezja said...

awesome :) Thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap:)

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Awe! This is so adorable and awesome! So glad you joined this week!
Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

Bianca said...

Hi! This is such a lovely card and it fits perfect for our challenge! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challengeblog! Bianca XX

TantiK Creation said...

Such a perfect take on our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.