Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2014

HAPPY 17th BIRTHDAY ALICIA

 
  I'm making this card for my baby about a month early.  Her birthday isn't until the end of July, but our challenge this time around for Crafting When We Can was just too perfect for her card to not make it.  I even made it a week early which is unheard of for me.  My beautiful baby girl is about to be 17 years old.  I only have a year left before she is off to college and to serve a mission for our church.  I am in tears often.  Hopefully I will be cried out before she has to go.  

This picture was take at our church by someone in our Young Women's program.  It was a gift for me.  All the girls got their picture taken and put into a frame.  It sits on my dresser.  Isn't she just so gorgeous!!!
 
 
 
I'm very pleased with how she is turning out and I'm sure she will make a fine adult someday.  I'm just very sad that day is coming so soon.  Her sister went off to college and decided she liked the area and never came home.  I told Alicia she can't do that to me. 
 
I'll now get on to our challenge for this fortnight.  
 
Welcome to another fabulous challenge at 
 
CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN
 
Our challenge this fortnight is 
 
‘B’ Option
‘G’ Option
‘R’ Option
Bling
Greeting
Red
Butterfly
Glitter
Ric Rac Ribbon
Blue
Geometric Pattern
Ring
Birthday
Green
Rose(s)
 
We are sponsored this time around by
 
 Artbymiran

Artbymiran
 
The image I am using is called "Annabelle".   A short time ago Artbymiran had a contest on Facebook to name a new image.  Everyone got three chances.  I let my daughter and my niece pick names.  The name Annabelle was the name Alicia picked for her so I knew the image had to be for her birthday card.  If you haven't figured out yet, I chose option "B" for my card.  Alicia's favorite color is blue so it was a no brainer. 
 
 I colored her with my Copics and Whisper Strokes markers.  I added some Glossy Accents and Wink of Stella because she has to shine.  I also used the following:

Flowers - Prima Flowers
Punch & die cut - McGill & Stampin' Up
Papers - Real Magic, Colorbok, stash & generic
Stamp - Stampendous
Bling & pearls - Michaels & Queen & Co.
Embossing folder - Darice


  Please head over to our challenge blog and check out all the other amazing projects done by my oh so talented DT sisters and I hope you will join in the challenge.

Challenges entered:
 
Craft Your Passion #218 - 3 or more embellishments
Simon Says Monday - Anything goes
 Party Time Tuesday #177 - Glitter
Sweet Stamps #174 - Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #137 - Anything goes
Charisma Cardz #13 - Sparkle and shine
Southern Girls - Dies and/or punches
Art by Miran #8 - Anything goes
Creative Fingers #40 - Anything goes
Suzy Bee's #34 - Anything goes
     

14 comments:

Craft Paper said...

Beautiful card! Your daughter will love it. Your DT sister Nancy

Candy Spiegel said...

This is gorgeous! Bianca will love it.

Be sure to enter it at Scrap It Girl, too ... this month's contest is Things with Wings. http://www.scrapitgirl.net/index.php/2014/06/01/junes-challenge-wings/

Nanna said...

This is so wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers challenge
hugs
Tiina

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card, Robin! Hugs, DT sis Vickie

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the fabulous color scheme and the cute girl image you used. Thank you you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Robin & your daughter is gorgeous!!!! Love the colors & layout...she's going to love it!!!!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. hugs, Helena

Anonymous said...

Just love the richness of the blues and the beautiful details.Such a lovely card for your daughter.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Joey said...

Beautiful make, the colour is delightful, thanks for joining us at art by miran. Joey x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Creation....Just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's, thank you for joining us, we would love you to join us again next week for another fun challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
XX

Wendy L said...

Very pretty card, thanks for joining us at Charisma, xxx

Jennifer said...

This is just beautiful! Love the shades of blue! It's hard to see our children growing up, but it's wonderful to know that they will be ok! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Mi Ran Jung said...

Hi Robin. Your daughter is so beautiful and your card is beautiful too. She will love the card. Annabelle is so pretty in the blue. I am so glad to pick the name :) Thanks for joining us at Artbymiran challenge. Hope see you again. Hugs, Mi Ran

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Robin. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls Challenge