Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2016

CANVAS FOR ME


So my imagination is at work again and I have made another canvas.  Since my niece wanted my first canvas, I decided to make this for me. The sentiment is the same because I wanted the inspirational thoughts for me too.

I forgot to take pics again but I'll go through the process I used.  First I used some Versa Mark and black super fine embossing powder for the vines.  Next I added a stencil up in the corner with black paste.

I wanted a main part of this to be blue so I mixed some Color Burst into the crackle paint and put it in the middle and added around the corners.  My next step was to spray some yellow Dylusions on the three corners.  

I stamped some sentiments and printed others.  After cutting them out they were distressed and placed on the canvas.  I thought I had waited long enough for everything to dry and went over it with transparent paste.  Unfortunately, it wasn't dry and I got green.  Since I love green (my fave color) it worked out fine for me.

The large butterfly is from Gina's Designs but it looks as though they have gone out of business.  I used three layers of embossing to get it thick and shiny.  The smallest butterfly is a die with three parts.  I don't believe EC carries this one anymore.  I couldn't find it.  The other butterfly is something I have had for a while but don't know where I got it.  Those butterflies were coated twice with Glossy Accents so they wouldn't fall apart in years to come.  I then added some pearls.

I kept looking and looking and something was missing.  It needed a pop of color but I couldn't figure out where.  Again I had to turn to my all knowing sister to get the answer.  She is so good at this.  I wonder if I will ever get that good.   Her answer was add some hot pink.  I decided on pearls for the large butterfly but the ones I had were too large.  I ended up coloring some white pearls with my Copic marker to make them pink.

Finally I glued down the butterflies and then sprayed with a shimmer mist.

I hope you have enjoyed this and thanks for visiting me today.
Have a blessed day.


Items used

Stamps - Belles Vignes with sentiments from Our Daily Bread
Black Super Fine Embossing Powder from Ranger
Center sentiment from Create with TLC
Rounded Squares Stencil from Sweet Stamps
Color Burst from Ken Oliver
Dylusions by Ranger
Dreamweaver Crackle & Glossy Black Embossing Pastes
Transparent Gloss Texture Paste from Ranger
Large butterfly from Gina's Designs
Whispers Enchanted Gold Embossing powder
Butterfly dies from Elizabeth Crafts
Pearls from Kaiser Krafts & Eyelet Outlet
Copic marker RV14
Antique Linen Distress Ink from Ranger
Papers from stash
Melissa Frances Golden Nugget Shimmer Mist
Glossy Accents
3D foam tape
Scotch Quick-Dry Glue
Versa Mark


Challenges entered

Great Impression June - Anything goes
Sweet Stamps June - Anything goes
Stamping Sensations June - Feature a creature
Stamplorations Mixed Media June #49 - Use a stencil
Tuesday Throwdown #299 - Distressing
Simon Says Wednesday - Add some shimmer
Word Art Wednesday #236-237 - Always anything goes
Digi Designs - Summer
Dies R Us #51 - Butterflies
Country View June - Crackle
DL Art June - Anything goes
HLS Mixed Media June - Texture
HLS June - Anything goes with a die
Noor! Design #19 - Summer
Paradise of Stamps #44 - Butterflies
WOW! June - Summer

18 comments:

brenda said...

Glorious colours on your canvas Robin and you have created such wonder depth and interest, so many different elements to draw the eye.

It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Robin, this is absolutely stunning!! The colors and design are amazing!! I would have loved to watch you put this together!! The butterflies look so beautiful!! And I love the sentiment, too!! What a gorgeous canvas this is!! Thank you so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Candy Spiegel said...

This is gorgeous! One little tip ... ColorBurst and Dylusions spray will always react with water, or in this case, a wet paste, no matter how long you let them sit. If you don't want them to reactivate, try Distress Glaze. It will make it waterproof. Beautiful job!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

How pretty! Love the textures and layers!

Unknown said...

Such vibrant color and wonderful textures. We appreciate your wonderful art, so creative and beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us in the #236-#237 - Word Art Wednesday AG Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Gayatri said...

Amazing background. LOVE it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add Shimmer Challenge. Gayatri xx

Joan said...

Stunning canvas, such vibrant colours and a very inspirational quote

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful piece of art...love the colors and the elements you have added..beautiful lines..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Toni said...

Trust your instincts indeed. Fantastic canvas with a fantastic message. Love!

Toni
HLS MM DT

pinky said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful canvas! Love your butterflies and colors! Thanks for joining us at DL.ART June Linky Challenge!

Natalie said...

This is gorgeous, love the mixed media! So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

Sharon said...

This is fabulous. I love your mixed medial project. The butterflies and sentiments are lovely.
thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK.
Hugs Sharon. x

Deborah said...

Beautiful canvas. Thank you for joining us for our “Summer” challenge at Di’s Digi Designs. Hope to see you again.
Deborah A

Davi said...

I REALLY like your canvas, all the medias come together in a very cool way and love the sentiment!!

Susanne Rose said...

Brillian canvas! Thank you for joining the STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday Challenge! xx Susanne.

Linda said...

Fabulous canvas ... great texture. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Robin, and it has amazing texture. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge. I'm so grateful to have you play along, and I hope that you will join us again real soon.
Have a blessed week, and God bless you!
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - I'd love to have you stop by and say hello sometime.