Followers

Monday, April 27, 2015

THANK YOU BECKY


 A while back my sister asked me to create something just after reading a self help book that I had started.  It's helping me get through some things that need dealing with.  Anyway, after reading until I could not read anymore I turned to my art.

My wonderful sister just bought me some powders called Bister.  You put a little powder on the paper and spritz it with water.  I used the red, yellow and blue powders.  They have many different colors in them.  Becky also gave me a sunburst stencil and some modeling paste.  So I added a sunburst in the corner.  Then I added some red and yellow ink on top of it. This had to dry so I let it sit all night to dry.  

The next morning I added some stamps to the paper.  I have had this stamp set for years and never used the little dragonfly before.  I thought using it in white would bring some light into my card.  This is something I have never done before.  Becky said she really liked it so I made her this card to say thank you.  She is helping me go outside my comfort zone and create things very different than I have ever done before.

Becky, our cousin Candy and I have started to challenge each other to create projects.  They have each issued challenges and then it came to my turn.  So this was the challenge that I issued:

Create your own background and use a stencil.

So here is my card for this challenge.  I hope you like it.

Card recipe:

Bister powders
Studio 490 Sunburst
Liquitex modeling paste
Papers from Canson, Bazzill and generic
Thank you die from Elizabeth Crafts
Glossy Accents
Stampin' Up Garden Green Ink
Brilliance Moonlight White Ink
Foliage and dragonfly stamp I'm not sure where from as the package was lost

Challenges entered:


12 comments:

brenda said...

What a beauty Robin, I am so pleased your sister gave you the Brushos/Bister, I love working with mine, they make such wonderful and interesting backgrounds.

B x

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments said...

I love it! I can see you inside it. Things will get better. Just focus on the light.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is such a unique, glorious card! I love that bg you have created! and how fun that y'all are challenging one another. can't wait to see all of the great things you create! :)

Candy Spiegel said...

This is beautiful!! Great job.

Unknown said...

This is totally awesome. What great fun to give each other challenges. YOU must BE THE WINNER of this one - WOW. j.

Lisa said...

This is so artistic and beautiful!! I love all of the colors and dimension of the background!! It looks amazing!! I've not heart of the Bister powders before but now I'm intrigued!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Stunning card. The background is fantastic and I love your chose in colors.
Thank you for playing at Bizzy Becs challenge.
Francy

Emma Williams said...

Wow ~ your background is so detailed and I love all the dimension you've created! Thank you for sharing and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.. :)

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is beautiful! The colors are fabulous and love the dimension!
Sherrie k

downrightcrafty said...

such a gorgeous background love it
hugs Kate x

Jenny Marples said...

This is so great Robin! Love that blended background with the touch of stencilling to add a pop of extra colour. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! You really put your stencils to great use here! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Stencil Mania' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)