Followers

Friday, May 23, 2014

CHICKENS FOR CANDY

 Hi everyone!  Over Mother's Day weekend my sister Rebecca and I went to Michigan to attend a scrapbooking convention.  We have cousins who live that way and our cousin Candy wanted us to go with her.  She came down here last year to Akron for the convention there and so we wanted to go to Michigan this time.  
It was so much fun!!!  We went to Frankenmuth to see the largest Christmas store in the country and then went through a German village they have there also.  We went to a store that sells all the fairies you could ever want and also some of the funniest gnomes.  Rebecca got a biker chick gnome.  It's hilarious.  
 
The next day we went to the scrapbooking convention.  We got to see a lot of stuff and participate in lots of make and takes.  The best part of all though was meeting Tim Holtz in person and watching a demonstration by him.   
 
This was such a fabulous trip that I had to make a card for Candy.  I will be sharing a card for her mom also in another post.  Candy has chickens and she just loves them.  We got to see her chickens and they are just adorable.  I thought she would like this image for her card.  Here is a pic of Candy and one of her chickens.
 
 I know you can't see her very well but you can see how much she loves that chicken.  This is her favorite one.
 
 The image I used is from Elizabeth Dulembo coloring pages.  I colored with my Copics and added some Glossy Accents to all areas other than feathers.  The feet really needed some stabilizing.  The DP is from Trimgym and the others are from my scraps.  Love using them up.  I received the ribbon in a candy win and the stamp is from Scrappy Cat. 
 
 Candy also has a shop where you can find all your crafting needs.  You should check it out here.
 
Challenges entered:
 
Papertake Weekly - Oh so cute
Divas by Design - Anything goes
Creative Fingers #37 - Anything goes
Ditzie Digi Design #4 - Anything goes
Dream Valley #82 - Things with wings
Deep Ocean #78 - Wings
Digi Designs - Use those markers
Crafty Hazelnut's May - Patterned papers
Sarah Hurley #92 - Anything goes 
Work it Wednesday - Patterned paper
 
I hope you enjoyed these cute chickens.  Thanks for your visit and have a blessed day!
 

7 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining at Creative Fingers: Anything Goes with Rick St. Dennis
Hugs
Dewi

Anonymous said...

Super cute chicks! Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Fingers!

Mei
LTC DT
Stampavie and More DT
Creative Fingers DT 

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card for a chicken lover like that! Thank you so much for joining us at the Sarah Hurley challenge Blog!!

Unknown said...

Lovely bright card. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

Wendy said...

Great card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas this week.
Wendy xx

Candy Spiegel said...

I love it!! And I love that picture of me and Peeps! Can you send me the photo so I can print it out? thanks!!

Bettina L. said...

This is so cute. Love these hugging chickens and the added colours. Thanks for playing at Ditzie Digi Design and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Ditzie Digi Design xx