Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crafting When We Can Challenge #21


We have another fabulous challenge here at Crafting When We Can!  This fortnight we want you to create a card using the theme Summerfun!  Our sponsors for this challenge are:


MilkCoffee

&

Crafty Ribbons


This adorable image is called "Let's Go Fishing".  Totally appropriate.  

I have colored him with Whisper Strokes markers with some Stickles by Ranger and some Glossy Accents on his boots to give that rubbery look.  I embellished with some fish from Digital Delights, border punches from Martha Stewart for the flowers and butterflies, ribbon from Westwater and sentiment from my stash.  The papers are from Bazzill and DCWV. The background I stamped with a crackle stamp and distress ink both are Tim Holtz.  

This is my first attempt at a step card.  It was a little harder to decorate than a regular card but I think I did OK.  I hope you do too.  

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says - Use a bit of brown
Dutch Dare Card #170 - Summer Fun
My Mum's Craft Shop #62 - About the boys
Scrapalicious USA - Summertime

Thanks for visiting and I hope you will all stop over and see what the other DT have created over at Crafting When We Can!




11 comments:

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic step card. I love the image and the way you did the background. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Kate said...

Your side step card is adorable. Great Scene.

Hugs,
Kate

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely stepper card, love your background combined with your images. Great layout and colours. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Cat's sCrap said...

original project. Nice caracter. Beautiful fishes. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs From France.
Catherine.

Diane's Card Designs said...

Love the style of card and the image is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Carol said...

Fabulous stepper card Robin, great colour scheme. Carol x

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments said...

So stinkin' cute Robin. I love it!

Vicky said...

Love the fish Robin, and you have done a great job with the image hugs vicky

Chantal said...

What a great card: love the shape and the fish that is popping up! Thanks for joining Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week!
Chantal

Pauline said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at charisma Cardz!

Sheryl said...

Hi Robin! It's been a real treat and a pleasure to visit your lovely blog!
I am your newest follower!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl