Followers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Sympathy Card



Recently my sister-in-law lost her father.  He passed away after a year of suffering with cancer.  I have been trying to help her as much as I can this past week and prior to his passing as she wished to spend his last moments with him.  It was special for their family as he had all of his children and his wife surrounding him when he passed.  I made this card for her mother.  Inside there is a sentiment from Kahlil Gibran.  It says "Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers but the seed remains".  I thought that was a very nice way to say that only your body dies not your spirit.  

I am not entering this into any challenges so I'm not sure anyone will be stopping by to see, but if you do thanks for stopping.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Make sure to count all of your blessings each and every day.  Be thankful most of all for your family.  

1 comment:

Ellis said...

Gorgeous sympathy card, sorry to her about your SIL's loss!
Thanks for joining us at the SSD blog hop!
Hugs, Elenor